Various Topics

Thursday, February 02, 2006

The Patriot Act Movie

The RHE 306 Q syllabus for the spring 2006 had included a film presentation. Our instructor allowed us to make a selection between couples of films. One of them was the Wal-mart movie and the other one was the Patriot Act. We took a vote to select the movie to watch and our class was divided between the two movies. After we previewed them, we were still somewhat undecided, because they both looked very interesting.
I personally leaned toward choosing “The Patriot Act” because I considered it of more transcendental value than the movie of “Wal-mart.”
“The Patriot Act” movie, it turned out to be very interesting, I realized that even though I have heard to talk some about it, my understanding about this act was relatively insignificant for what I learned after watching the movie.
This movie was very dynamic and really grabbed our attention. One of the big Arguments that I considered was used in this movie was the emotional, because when we watch this movie we experience a variety of feelings, ranging from disappointment, sadness, fear, and tension. It touched our feelings and we were moved, when we see families coming apart because of enforced investigation in these people.
I personally felt that these movie manipulated my emotions to the point that I even felt threaten at some level. The commentator was poignant in his views in order to persuade the viewer that the execution of The Patriot Act was a very bad idea.
Also I see that strong visual arguments were used to their advantage in order to support the claim of the writer of this movie. Another of the arguments that I could identify in this movie was Arguments of Evaluation, because this film uses a variety of information to provoke the viewer to analyze it and to come into a conclusion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home